Saturday, July 7, 2012

the five lands

Today is our second day in Monterosso. I cannot even begin to explain how in love with this I am.  It is absolutely beautiful, sunny and well populated with guys with accents... Ok fine I could do without the shirtless women and men in speedos, but besides that everything is swell.






There was no real agenda for today besides eating sleeping and laying in the sun, so we all woke up as we pleased.

I was awake well before my brothers, so I got up and went for a run. It was a great way to check out some of the area and to work off all the croissants they have been feeding us. Pretty much there were two options to run and both were up hill, so I took one path that wrapped around uphill and overlooked the town are staying it. It is cool because Monterosso is nuzzled in-between green hills and the atlantic ocean. Personally I loveeeed the view and it was nice to get some alone time.

over view of monterosso

trail
After my run I met up with my brothers and got breakfast and then headed out to zee beach. We spent most of the day laying on the beach, but we took a couple breaks to cliff jump and grab some food.
One of the most relaxing days by far and I loved every minute of it. So on our way to lunch we walked through a long tunnel to get to a different part of town and on one end of the tunnel there was a pianist. A very talented pianist might I add. He chose the best spot in town, because his music traveled through out that tunnel. Here is a video so you can have a little taste of it. Sorry it is wobbly... and sideways... and just of justin and spencer walking, but the sound is good. (hopefully it works... if not well dat sucks..)





After we got some lunch we went right back to the beach and did some cliff jumping and exploring!







It is safe to say that I love this place and will be coming back here someday before I die.

That is all.
oh also our posts will probs start being out of order... whateble.

love you all.
-Carissa

1 comment:

  1. OK, at last I think I have figured out how to post comments... I think. I have SO enjoyed the blog and all of the great pictures. One request, more pictures of the food because I'm curious what the meals look like- is everything croissants?!? Also, how about that fountain, huh?!?
    Carissa- I see all those coins in the fountain and then you're talking about all the cute guys with accents?!?
    Anyway, hope to hear more from you soon and Carissa's video gave me an idea... how about a short video post from each of you about something on the trip so far... may be your favorite door! :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete