Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Monday, 6/25



Monday we got a little bit of a later start, but we were still a bit jet lagged so it was probably for the best. We took the metro to the area of the Jardin du Luxembourg and Notre Dame.

Dad in line to buy metro tickets... he can't read french.
Once we got off the metro we found a cute little cafe and had breakfast there. I don't know if this was mentioned yet, but none of us speak french. This makes it quite challenging to order food at restaurants without looking like an idiot.. Thankfully many of the servers can understand some English and we have been trying to learn some main words such as please and thank you and cheese. Although we know some words it is very easy to mess up and order and be surprised with what they bring out. This may or may not have happened at breakfast...

Omelets all around!





I thought I was ordering an omelet... but instead I got this. 


After breakfast we walked around and got our bearings for the city. Man it is beautiful here. I probably look like a dumb tourist, but I don't care, I just cant stop taking pictures of the buildings and streets.

 

 

The people watching in this city is superb. Everyone here has great style, we only saw like three people wearing sweats, the rest were dressed up. Talk about awkward when you arrive in yoga pants..

While walking around we came across the Eglise Saint-Sulpice. It was a beautiful church



spencer was shocked at how huge the church was.



confession booth
 After the church we made our way over to the Jardin du Luxembourg. Once we got there we were real tired, so we found some chairs and took a break. Everyone but my dad and I fell asleep.

Europe streets

taking a break in the park


Jardin du Luxembourg 

nap time
Once we finished resting in the park we stopped to get some ice cream and then it was off to the Notre Dame! The line at the Notre Dame was so long, so we decided to walk around the outside and comeback in the morning to tour the inside. The outside itself was beautiful and by the time we finish walking around the outside were were exhausted.




 





On our way back to the hotel we came across a bridge with locks on it and many of the locks contained two names and a heart. I had remembered wanted to visit the Lovers Bridge in Paris, this is where couples latch a lock on to the bridge and toss the key into the water as a symbol that their love will last forever. Dumb chick stuff I know, but I thought it was cool, so hop off.


 
I have seen soooo many huge doors throughout Paris and I think that they are the coolest things.  I always stop to take pictures of them and Justin and Spencer never fail make fun of me for it. Be prepared to see more doors throughout the blog. Sorry I'm not sorry.
 
 





We came back to the hotel and rested for a little bit and then headed out to find some grub. We ended up at a pizzeria in a cute little outdoor setting.


lasagna

pesto basil salad

chicken ceasar salad

calzone



-Carissa



No comments:

Post a Comment